Before I became a mom I lived an exciting life that was missing a huge piece of the puzzle…my heart. My heart is now alive after becoming a mom to my beautiful boy. I’ve shared many adventures with my husband, had a glamorous career, traveled around the world, yet I still wanted something more. Was I ungrateful? I seemingly had it all. But I envisioned more. I imagined kids running in to my room early in the morning begging for me to cook pancakes. I envisioned a family life. Since the birth of my baby boy I am energized, more empathetic, highly creative and my love for God has deepened. Achieving your big dreams is possible with a little vision and a lot of passion.
It’s so important to figure out what makes you happy…and to go out and get it. We have the power to design our lives to a certain extent. It’s possible to achieve big dreams with a detailed vision and a plan.
Of course, the plan should remain flexible because life can throw a curve ball, but it’s important to have a vision of what will make you happy.
ACHIEVING YOUR DREAMS
Top 5 Tips To Start Doing Today
1. Meditate: This is a big one. When you have a vision of what you want in your life, the vision comes to life. Sometimes it’s hard to even figure out where to start. I love Deepak Chopra’s guided meditation series. Meditation can calm your mind long enough to be able to see what you want and how you can achieve it. Take at least 10 minutes every morning and sit, still your mind, and just let it go. You will be amazed at what you come up with and how insightful these gems will be.
2. Yoga: This is another great tool to get in touch with your mind, body and soul. That inner voice that speaks to you wants to be heard, but it is only accessed when your mind and body are still enough to get in touch with that soft wise voice of yours. Yoga opens up your body physically to make you feel energized and flexible, strong and powerful, and ready to achieve all of your dreams.
3. Don’t Procrastinate: Time is of the essence and your time is now. Once you have your mind and body still, your vision in place, take steps every day to get a little closer to your goal. When preparation meets opportunity, good luck occurs!
4. Journal every morning: Keep a journal by your bed and begin writing whatever comes to mind, a stream of consciousness, for 10 minutes. It may look like gibberish but you will find bits of gold in these writings.
5. Make a vision board: It seems silly, but it is incredible how much you will learn about what you want if you sit down and it put it on paper. Take a night and surround yourself with magazines, a poster board, scissors, and glue. Start ripping out any image that calls your name. It doesn’t have to be relevant. It can be about anything…a dog, a beautiful ocean, Italy, a game. When you are done putting these images on your board, make it fun and personalized and then set it somewhere you will see it daily. You will be amazed at how many of these images come to life down the road.
I followed these steps and still do and have found so many beautiful things magically appear in my life. This is not luck. I knew what I wanted and had a plan. After I moved out of Los Angeles when I was young, I got to experience the ‘real world’ and started creating a vision of what would make me happy. At the time, it seemed like pipe dreams!
I began writing and honoring the artist within me, got my degree in Broadcasting from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and eventually followed my artistic calling. I moved back to Los Angeles with a new perspective. The City of Angels is where I knew my creativity could expand.
My desire for healthy living, cooking, entertainment, fashion, beauty, and interesting people would be fulfilled. I followed my passions and life unfolded in many unique, wonderful and surprising ways. I am a firm believer that we must acknowledge and use the gifts that God gives. This will help you open up infinite possibilities in your life.
I’d love to hear your story of how you achieved your big dreams! And for more, check out my healthy lifestyle habits you can start making today!
Mama on the Glow