I’ve always loved any and every thing Italian…the food, people, art and clothing. This is why I married my husband after all! The Italians are passionate people and my husband certainly fits in to this stereotype. He also loves good food and I so happen to love to cook. It’s a match made in heaven! He loves his hearty Italian dishes that have been passed down from generations and luckily this is one that I didn’t need to change too much. I love the simplicity of this Easy Marinara Tomato Sauce On The Glow. It’s so quick and easy to make, using minimal ingredients and is Vegan of course.
I use this easy marinara tomato sauce on so many dishes. It’s great for pasta, eggplant parmigiana, gluten-free pizza, tofu, zucchini fritters and more. It’s so versatile and so pure. I love recipes with less than 10 ingredients because let’s get real…who has time for more than that!?
The Cento tomatoes in this recipe really make a difference in my opinion, but if you can’t find them…other brands will do!
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- 1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 24 oz can Cento Whole Tomatoes
- 2 T Tomato Paste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in medium sized saucepan.
- Saute garlic, basil and red pepper flakes until garlic is almost golden.
- Add Cento tomatoes and stir.
- Bring sauce to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crush tomatoes and stir in tomato paste.
- Continue simmering for 10 minutes to an hour. (the longer the better)
- I like Cento tomatoes but you can use any brand.